When looking for a set of golf clubs to fit you perfectly, you need to be careful, especially if you’re purchasing a full set of golf clubs. Firstly, you should familiarize yourself with the most common mistakes of purchasing golf club sets.
After that, it’s time to learn how to choose a men’s beginner golf set that fits you perfectly, as only a fitting set is a good set. Let’s take a look at how you can choose the length of clubs for your height.
How do I know if my golf clubs fit me?
If you’re searching for the best beginner golf club set for men, it probably means you’re just starting to play golf and that you know little about choosing the adequate club length. However, you should learn about how to purchase clubs that fit, as that can significantly impact your game.
When it comes to measuring how well golf clubs fit you, you can do that on your own reasonably well and with a great deal of precision. Remember – choosing the correct length of golf clubs for yourself will help you achieve optimum performance. Here’s how to measure the necessary length of your clubs:
- Put on your golfing shoes.
- Ask a friend to measure the distance from the floor to your wrist.
- Stand up straight with your arms straight at the sides.
- Repeat the same process with your other arm.
- Measure your height from the floor. It is crucial to be completely accurate.
- Find a club-sizing chart to consult. You can do this online.
- Find the measurement that fits the length from your wrist to the floor, and then match that measurement to your height.
- This is the length of the club you need.
How long should my golf clubs be for my height?
Before looking into the perfect length of your clubs for your height, you need to learn more about the default, or standard club sizes. Since every club is fitted by adding or subtracting from the standard length of the club, you have to know how long each club is by default:
- Irons – The first, or the one iron, is slightly longer than 40”. As the iron number increases, the length of the iron decreases by half an inch.
- Drivers – A drive is 45” long, by default.
- Woods – Woods are 44” long, with the exception of the three wood, which is 42” long.
- Putter – A standard putter is 34” long.
Now that you’re familiar with the standardized length of different golf clubs, it’s time to take a look at how long the clubs should be for your height, in reference to their default length, divided by the type of club in a premium men’s beginner golf set.
- Irons & woods – Here’s how to determine the ideal length for your golf irons:
- If you’re taller than 6’6”, add two inches to standard club length.
- If you’re 6’6” tall, add 1.5” to standard club length.
- If you’re between 6’3” and 6’5” tall, add an inch to the standard club length.
- If you’re between 6’ and 6’3” tall, add 0.5” to standard club length.
- If you’re between 5’10” and 6’2” tall, add 0.5” to standard club length.
- If you’re between 5’ and 5’9”, you should be good with the standard club length.
- Driver – When it comes to drivers, the length of the club shaft boosts distance. However, you should refrain from opting for a driver that is too long, as it can negatively impact your game. The majority of golfers use a driver that is 44” long, or close to it.
- Putter – You should choose a putter that feels good in your hand, as its length is not solely determined by the height of the golfer using it.
What happens if your clubs are too long?
There are significant drawbacks to your golf clubs being too long, as well as too short. That is why the best beginner golf club set for men should always consist of golf clubs of the perfect length. Here’s what will happen if your clubs are too long:
- Your posture will have to be completely straight.
- You will be unable to use proper swing mechanics to move the lower body.
- You will send the ball flying too high and to the left.
- The shaft of the club will feel very weak.
- You will frequently hit the ball with the toe of the club.
On the other hand, there are significant downsides to your golf clubs being too short as well:
- Your swing path will be in to out.
- You will have to bend your waist too much.
- You will overly bend your knees.
- Your tempo will be too quick.
- You will send the ball flying to the right.
- You will often hit the ball with the heel.
Should I shorten my golf clubs?
Golfing with clubs that are too long will negatively impact your game, causing you to have less control over your shots and deteriorating your swing. If you do notice that your clubs are too long, you can think about shortening them. But, remember that it’s always best to choose golf clubs of ideal length for your physique from the very beginning than to waste time and money shortening them.
Additionally, there are some negative effects that shortening your clubs can have on them. For example, if you choose to shorten your golf clubs, keep in mind the following:
- The more you shorten the shaft, the flatter and stiffer the club will become.
- For every 0.5” of length you remove, you can expect to lose about 3 swing weight points.
- Shortening the club by more than 2” will change the club’s flex.
- Every inch you take from an iron will make it play two degrees flatter.
It is because of these potential downsides of shortening clubs that you should always pay attention when purchasing a high-quality men’s beginner golf set and choose the clubs of the correct length for your height and arm length.
Who sells premium men’s beginner golf sets for aspiring golfers?
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or an intermediate player – you want to purchase the best beginner golf club set for men that will last you for a long time and see you successfully improve your game. That means that you should forget about the actual beginner sets of clubs, and treat yourself to a premium set of reasonably-priced clubs. And no, this isn’t just a dream, because BombTech Golf has made it a reality.
Our business philosophy is to try and outfit every golfer out there with a set of high-quality golf clubs that won’t break their bank. We do this by focusing on an online business model that helps us significantly cut our overhead costs, which allows us to offer you incredible clubs at an affordable price. You deserve the men’s beginner golf set that will advance your game at every turn.
But, we also understand that not all clubs are for everyone. Perhaps there is something you won’t like about our clubs. In that case, contact us within 60 days of your purchase, and return the clubs to us. We truly care about our customers, so let’s start boosting your score today!