When you’re looking to add a 72 degree golf wedge to your set, you should first know all the shots you can use golf wedges for, as well as how to make your golf wedges spin. A 72 degree golf wedge is an excellent addition to your arsenal, but only if you know how to use it. Only then can you start browsing through reviews of 72 degree wedges, and choose the right for you.
However, be careful to avoid the mistakes of purchasing golf clubs, wedges included, and make sure you incorporate other wedges into your golf club set, not just the 72 degree, as they will help you vary your shots further. Now, let’s see how you can use all those wedges and how to hit a 72 degree wedge properly.
What are different degree wedges used for?
Golf wedges come with different loft degrees, which impacts what they’re used for. Depending on the loft degree, wedges have different names that illustrate their uses. Let’s take a look at the most common degrees wedges are manufactured in, and what they are most commonly used for depending on the degree:
- 44 to 50 degrees: Wedges of this loft degree are called pitching wedges. They are the most frequently used of all golf wedges, and you would take them out of your golf bag mainly for approach shots between 90 to 110 yards. Golfers also use them for low chip shots and long bunker or sand shots.
- 46 to 54 degrees: Although there is a bit of an overlap with pitching wedges, gap wedges of this loft degree are used to hit approximately 100 yard-long shots, and they are designed to literally bridge the gap between pitching and sand wedges. Gap wedges with lower degree lofts are ideal for shots from hard surfaces or fairways, while wedges with higher degree lofts are suitable for soft fairways and deep roughs.
- 54 to 58 degrees: Wedges that have this loft degree are sand wedges, and the name suggests they are commonly employed to help golfers get out of sand pits. The higher loft degree helps get the ball airborne quickly. Maximum distance of sand wedge shots is roughly 80 to 90 yards.
- More than 58 degrees: Finally, all wedges with lofts of 58 degrees and more are called lob wedges. These types of wedges are perfect when golfers want to get the ball airborne very quickly and have it land softly and without rolling. The higher the degree, the easier it is to get the ball high in the air. Lobs are finesse shots, and lob wedges are most frequently used around greens.
How to hit a 72 degree wedge?
For some golfers, a 72 degree wedge might sound a bit too much. But, that’s only until they try it out and see what it can do. A 72 degree wedge allows you to add an insane amount of backspin to your shots from as much as 40 yards away from the green.
However, it’s best used for short pitches where you want to have as much control over the ball as possible. Also, you’ll be able to pull off incredible flop shots like never before. That is what a loft of 72 degrees can bring to your golfing game.
As for correctly hitting a 72 degree golf wedge and making the most out of every shot, pay attention to the following:
- Position the ball closer to your feet.
- Open up your stance, and align your feet and your body slightly left of your target.
- Grip down on the club to gain more control.
- Swing steeply with your back, and keep the wrists cocked before impact.
- Smoothly transfer your body weight to the left side using your hips, legs, and feet, while keeping your head steady.
- Follow through the shot keeping your right shoulder lower than your left shoulder.
What are the features of BombTech 72 degree wedge?
BombTech Golf offers an exceptional 72 degree wedge that will allow you to bring even more variety into your game. This extreme loft degree allows for easy flop shops and improved control, while the following features make it stand out from the competition:
- Light heel and toe relief
- 304 Stainless Steel casting
- Selection between 8, 10, and 12 degree of bounce
- Stepped steel shaft
- D5 swing weight
- 308 grams head weight
What is the best-reviewed 72 degree wedge you can buy?
Don’t be scared of incorporating a 72 degree wedge in your game. Using a wedge with such a high loft can seem intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll see whole new horizons opening up for your golf game. However, you should never buy sub-par clubs, but always opt for premium golfing solutions.
That is why your best and only bet is BombTech. We make only the best golf clubs we can to provide every golfer with the clubs that will last him for a long time and see him transition from a greenhorn to a seasoned veteran of the golf course. Our limited edition 72 degree wedge will boost your game and allow you a couple of new tricks.
And all that at a reasonable price we achieve by selling online and eliminating overhead. Plus, if there’s something you don’t like with our wedges, you can return them for 60 days after your purchase. We care about our customers. Contact us today!