If you’re looking to purchase a high-quality set of golf clubs that will see you turn from beginner to pro in no time, there are many aspects you need to take into account. First, you have to know how to select the best driver for your set.
Next, you should be familiar with the most common mistakes to avoid when buying golf irons. Finally, you should learn about the differences between various golf wedges, and know which ones to incorporate into your ideal golf club set.
Only once you’ve covered all the bases, and once you’ve learned about all the nuances between different types of clubs in golf can you start assembling your set. Now, let’s see how you can choose a premium set of golf clubs that will serve you well when you’re a beginner, and even better when you become proficient.
Do golf clubs have to match?
When you’re just starting out with golfing, choosing a good golf club set seems paramount. You don’t want to spend a lot of money on it, you’re not exactly sure what you should buy nor what to pay attention to, and you’re thinking that it will be some time before you have to replace it with a new one. And that is a mistake.
Purchasing a matching set of golf clubs is one of the mistakes most beginners make. The goal of getting a quality set of golf clubs to last you from a beginner to a proficient golfer is to assemble a set of clubs based on their individual quality, not the brand.
That is why you should always look for advice when looking into your first golf sets for sale. Ask more experienced golfers how to assemble a good set, and browse the market to find reasonably-priced clubs that offer a sufficient degree of quality that you will not have to replace altogether in a year or two.
How many golf clubs do you really need in a set?
If you’re a golfing beginner looking to assemble their brand-new set of golf clubs, it’s normal to want to inquire about which clubs are essential for golfing. It is important not to clutter your bag with plenty of clubs you don’t know how to adequately use.
Rather, it’s wise to select fewer golf clubs of higher quality at the beginning of your golfing journey, learn how to use each and every one of them proficiently, and then add a couple of new clubs if you feel your game is lacking a certain degree of finesse. Now, let’s see which golf clubs are considered essential in a beginner’s golf club set.
- Wedges & irons: Your starter set doesn’t need to contain any irons lower than 5. Modern hybrid technologies have influenced the play, and even pros tend to use hybrids instead of long irons.
You should always have a 5-iron as it allows you to easily get the ball airborne. Then, skip the 6-iron and the 8-iron, and go for the 7 and the 9. As for the wedges, you need a pitching wedge for short shots. You should also have a sand wedge if you’re confident in your bunker technique.
- Hybrids: Hybrid clubs are a cross between a fairway wood and an iron. The hybrid’s head resembles a wood, while the shaft’s resembles an iron. It is this combination that makes hybrids easier to wield than both the woods and the irons.
For beginner golf club sets, two hybrids are usually sufficient. Your first hybrid should have a loft between 18 and 21 degrees. Your second hybrid should have a loft between 22 and 25 degrees.
- Woods: Every bag has to have a driver, or #1 wood. A driver with plenty of loft should be your first choice, as it will allow you to get the ball flying higher in the air. Don’t buy a driver with a loft lower than 10,5 degrees, or higher than 13 degrees. Also, add a 5-wood or a 7-wood, as it will serve you well for long fairway shots, as well as some hits from the tee.
- Putter: Finally, to complete your golf club set, make sure you include a putter. Find a putter that feels comfortable to you, and start golfing.
What does a golf club set consist of?
Traditionally, all golf club sets, be they for beginners or for pros, consisted of four distinct types of clubs, made from different materials and for different purposes.
- Woods: These are the clubs that hit the ball farthest. They have the name “woods” because they used to be made from wood. Nowadays, they’re made from titanium, steel, or different alloys.
- Irons: Irons are mainly used for medium-distance shots, and as the loft degree of an iron increases, so does the height of the shot, which means the ball will travel a shorter distance. Few players carry entire sets of irons, because lower-numbered irons are very difficult to accurately hit.
- Wedges: Wedges are clubs with the highest lofts in the golfer’s bag. They are used for short-distance shots, they get the ball very high in the air, and they allow for plenty of control during the shot. The higher the skill of the player, the more wedges they will have in their bag to be used in a variety of golfing situations.
- Putters: A putter is an essential part of every set of golf clubs, whether they’re for beginners or professionals. They have nop loft, they send the ball rolling across the terrain, and they are used for putting the ball into the hole.
However, with the appearance of hybrid clubs, there are fewer irons and woods in modern golfers’ bags. Hybrids are a cross between irons and woods, they are easier to handle, which makes them a suitable choice for contemporary golfers.
What is the ideal golf club set?
The best set of golf clubs is one that possesses different types of golf clubs that suit your level and style of play. Some golfers will have a 3-wood in their set, some won’t. Others can’t play a round of golf without a sand wedge, while others use only a pitching wedge.
The trick is to place those golf clubs in your bag that you know how to use well, that suit your golfing technique, that feel good in the hand, and that are of high quality. It doesn’t matter if you’re a complete beginner or an experienced golfer – you should have a good golf club set that will be with you for a long time and will see your game improve.
Who offers premium golf club sets for beginners and pros?
We’re constantly hearing the same-old “go for a cheap set of clubs if you’re a beginner” nonsense, and we’re tired of it. Every golfer deserves a high-quality golf club set that will see them transition from beginner to pro with ease, and be there with you every step of the way. And that is exactly our mission at BombTech.
We’re trying to give every golfing enthusiast the best possible golfing experience with our premium-but-reasonably-priced golf club sets for sale. When you buy with BombTech, you’re buying the best possible gear for your money. We sell all our items online, which helps us keep our overheads low, and allows us to offer you superior clubs at a normal price. And that’s how we get a hole in one every single time.
However, if there’s anything you’re not satisfied with, you can try out our clubs and return them within 60 days of the purchase. Don’t worry, we got you covered!