It makes no difference if you’re just starting to get a feel for the beautiful game of golf, or if you’re a mid-handicap golfing enthusiast looking for a brand new set of irons. There’s nothing like the excitement when you decide to treat yourself to some fresh irons.
Sure, learning some tips on how to improve your swing through, for example, modifying your swing speed is great. But for a golfer, a true golfer, nothing beats the sheer joy of knowing that soon you’ll be swinging with a brand new set of men’s golf irons.
How long do golf irons last?
In the days of yore, when all clubs, “irons” included, as well as the ball, were made of wood, the longevity of golf irons was short, and frequent players had to make regular and expensive equipment changes. However, the situation’s much different now.
With the appearance of steel clubs and modern golf balls, the discussion on the lifespan of golf irons became far less frequent. But, you have to be aware that, even today, using the same set of golf irons for many years is not exactly a great idea.
There are three main factors that impact the condition of your golf irons and that point out when you need to get a new set.
- Frequency of play – The more you play, the sooner your golf irons will get worn out, needing replacement.
- Damage – You can easily assess the visual damage on your own. If there are any cracks, or any other kind of damage on your irons, think about getting new ones.
- Quality – If you have a cheap, entry-level set of clubs you’ve been using for some time, chances are they are in dire need of replacing. Let’s face it – poor quality irons don’t last long.
You can always have your irons repaired by a professional, but that will only slightly postpone the inevitable. However, if you get a new set of men’s golf irons, you’ll be able to enjoy the game all over again.
When should I replace my golf irons?
PGA Tour pros replace their golf irons after every season. But they do play a lot, don’t they? You don’t need to replace your irons yearly. There are certain stages of a golfer’s career when replacing irons is necessary.
Also, there are two other aspects to pay attention when it comes to golf irons:
- Skill – If you notice your swing getting more consistent, and your putting becoming more precise, your game is improving. Consider getting a new set of irons to further advance your game.
- Condition – As we’ve already mentioned, the condition of golf irons is important. If your irons are starting to show signs of use, it’s always best to splurge for a new set of quality golf irons.
- Technology – Your current set of irons might be outdated. The technology involved in manufacturing golf clubs is constantly evolving, and you want to have modern irons to complement your improving game with.
Should I buy new golf irons?
The answer to the questions of new or used is definitely buy new. Going for used golf clubs can save you money at the moment of purchase, but it can cost you down the line. What’s the point of going for a used set of irons, only to have to buy brand new ones in a year?
On the other hand, if you’re asking about whether or not you should replace your current irons, there’s an answer to that too. You should pay attention to the telltale signs of your golfing game that suggest you should definitely consider getting a fresh set of irons.
- Spin – If you’re starting to notice there’s too much spin on your shots, it means the glory days of your irons are long gone.
- Height – If your shots are starting to lose height, and if you’re beginning to struggle getting the ball off the ground, it’s because of the clubs.
- Divot pattern – If your iron divots resemble an attempt at digging, rather than golfing, it means that there’s insufficient bounce on the sole. Replacement is the only option here.
Do new golf irons make a difference?
Opting to buy a new set of golf irons will certainly impact your game positively. They will feel better in your hands and the fact that you’ve just bought a new set of irons will give your game a new life.
Also, new golf irons make a big difference because of two vital aspects:
- If the condition of your current set of irons is poor, a fresh set will help you improve height, reduce spin, and allow your shots to become more consistent.
- Since the technology that goes into producing golf irons is constantly improving, new sets are cutting-edge when compared to older ones, which allows you to further advance your game in ways you never thought possible.
How do I choose golf irons?
When you do decide to buy new golf irons, you’re left with one final dilemma – how to choose the perfect set of irons for your game. However, factoring in the following considerations will get you within an arm’s length of your dream set.
- Price – Let’s be completely honest for a second – price matters. First, set your price range, and start looking there. However, always leave some wiggle room, as it is not worth passing on a great set of irons that are just outside your price range.
- Type – Now, be realistic with your level of skill and choose the type of irons accordingly. Irons range from super game-improvement to players’ irons. The choice of the type of irons is only affected by your prowess on the course.
- Shaft flex – The flexibility of the shaft also depends on how good a player you are. As your swings become faster, so should the shaft of your irons become stiffer. Choosing the correct shaft flexibility is important, as it directly impacts your ability to control shots.
- Material – The material of golf irons also matters. However, steel shafts tend to be the better option for more players, as they allow you to feel your shafts more.
We offer the finest sets of men’s golf irons for all golfing enthusiasts
The quest for a quality set of men’s golf irons can be an excruciating one. There are many golf iron manufacturers out there, but only few that really deserve your consideration. This makes buying a fresh set of golf irons a tricky affair .
At BombTech Golf, we’re aware of that, which is why we’re doing our best to offer premium golf wedge sets for intermediate and professional players alike. We take time manufacturing our clubs, and we take pride in each and every one we make.
If your current set of irons has seen some combat, and if you’re looking for a great set of irons to replace it with, take some time to browse through our wide selection of exquisite golf clubs. Even if they prove not to be a fit for you, you can return them within 60 days. Contact us today and let’s work on your score, together.